It has been an honor and a pleasure serving this past year as NCAC president. There are many professional organizations in the DC area but none like NCAC. What sets us apart is our members. I am always impressed by the caliber of knowledge you bring to our events. Getting to know you has been the highlight of my time as president. It's been a joy meeting so many interesting people and, on a personal level, making new friends.
NCAC is an all-volunteer organization that neither has nor seeks sponsors. Everything we do only happens because of the generous effort and time given by our volunteers. I want to thank the current NCAC council for their dedication and a job well done. Looking back on the year, we did a lot. NCAC launched a new website, went on a technical tour, started a newsletter, hosted happy hours and put together an outstanding Annual Conference to name a few.
I would like to congratulate the incoming officers and council:
- President | Michael Ratner, Congressional Research Service
- Vice President | David Givens, Argus Media
- Treasurer | Joel Yudken, High Road Strategies
- Secretary | Pat McMurray, Public Utilities Fortnightly
- Aqueel Adenwala, Energy Ventures Analysis Inc
- Aaron Annable, Canadian Embassy
- Rita Beale, Energy Unlimited
- Devin Hartman, R Street Institute
- Natalie Kempkey, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Jennifer Reichert, CRDF Global
- Barney Rush, Rush Energy Consulting
- Lisa Viscidi, Inter-American Dialogue
- Michael Weber, German Embassy
- John Wenk, GWU (Student Representative)
What an impressive group. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the next NCAC year!
One last thought before I hand over the reins to Michael. As part of NCAC leadership, I attended almost every lunch meeting for the past two years, even on topics I might not have attended otherwise. No question, I am richer for it. I urge you to take advantage of all this association has to offer and to get involved.
Elaine E. Levin, Powerhouse | NCAC President